1. Introduction to Sales
Sales is arguably the most important function in any business, yet it's one of the most difficult areas to master and manage successfully.
- distinguish between the roles of marketing and sales
- match the key competencies to how they contribute to success in sales
- recognize the effects recent sales trends have had on the buyer-seller relationship
- recognize the differences between organizational and consumer buying
- recognize the benefits of understanding consumer buying behavior
- match stages of the sales cycle to examples
2. Prospecting: Panning for Sales Gold
The art of sales prospecting is an essential skill for sales professionals, even with all the technology and tools available today. Successful sales professionals recognize that prospecting is the key that unlocks the door to a winning sales process. This course will help you adopt a proper prospecting mindset and be able to leverage tools that will allow you to create a high quality list of prospects.
- Identify tools and resources used for sales prospecting
- recognize how to use interpersonal methods for sales prospecting
- approach prospecting with a proper mindset by knowing the facts
- recognize strategies for uncovering ideal prospects
- respond appropriately when faced with a particular prospect mindset
3. Turning Objection into Opportunity during a Sales Call
In a sales environment where customers are well informed, deeply networked, and technically savvy, sales professionals need to arrive fully prepared to deal with educated buyers and any challenges they present. To address the challenges of this new breed of customer, you need to welcome questions, objections, and resistance factors, see them for what they are – opportunities – and be prepared with the skills to capitalize on them.
- recognize how to respond to psychological reasons behind a customer’s resistance
- distinguish between questions, objections, and resistance
- identify tips for responding to objections with empathy and understanding
- identify effective listening and questioning methods to manage customer objections
- identify strategies for handling price-based objections
- identify techniques for keeping the sales process moving forward despite objections